Tuesday, July 29, 2008

My Birthday Surprise!

So last Wednesday, July 23rd, was my "Golden Birthday" (23 on the 23rd), and I was very pleasantly surprised by what my husband had planned for me! After a morning of playing around at Six Flags with my mom, Devin ended up convincing me that he had nothing planned, and asked me where I wanted to go...he mentioned the restaurant Modesto, and Spanish restaurant on The Hill in St. Louis, but then said, "No, why don't we go to Ricardo's..." But by that time I had gotten my heart set on Modesto, so I "convinced" him to take me to Modesto. Fast forward a few hours to 7pm...we walk into Modesto, and I say to the hostess "table for two, please," but Devin interrupts me with "reservations for LaRue, please" (!!!) I turned around to him with this confused look on my face, and then am only more shocked when we get to our table and there's a gorgeous bouquet of flowers sitting there on the table!!! I was so surprised...he had me thinking it was MY idea to go to Modesto, but he had been planning it for days! I thought it was so sweet, and I couldn't believe how smoothly he pulled it off. He also had bought two tickets for us to see "Dark Night" at the Moolah Temple Theaters. At dinner we enjoyed about 6 Spanish tapas (small dishes meant to be shared), mojitos, churros (Spanish pastries dipped in chocolate), and Spanish olives...it was delicious! But the best part was that Devin had gone to all the trouble to do something so nice for me. I was impressed! It was an amazing birthday :). And the flowers still look beautiful almost a week later (the last picture is from today).




No comments: