Sunday, February 7, 2010

Broccoli and Cheese

Rhys has been refusing to eat baby food lately...which is very frustrating as a mother in the process of trying to slowly and smoothly wean him from breastfeeding by the time he's 1 year. He'll take a few bites and then make this face:




Which is super cute and hilarious,but...effectively makes it so we can't get the spoon in his mouth. He does however, like to feed himself Puffs, so today I thought I'd see if he'd feed himself other food items. I steamed some broccoli in the microwave until it was pretty soft and broke it up into little pieces, and tore a piece of provolone cheese into tiny pieces, and whaddya know...he ate it! With no fussing...apparently he wants to feed himself now :).



It's also a lot messier...if only we had a dog!

3 comments:

breezylucia said...

your baby is very cute. his resemblance to you both is insane!

Lindsay said...

Thank you! He does look quite a lot like both of us, which is crazy...I think he looks more like Devin, though :)

aimee paule said...

Cuuute! I love his faces!